Nutrition Before the Workout or Event
Blueberry Overnight Oats
1 cup of oatmeal
2 cup of dairy or nondairy milk
1⁄4 cup of blue berries (on top)
Drizzle honey or agave to your mix
Optional* 1 TBS nut butter or vegan protein powder.
Mix all ingredients in a jar and put in the refrigerator overnight for a great morning, portable breakfast.
Breakfast Tacos with Rice
1 onion chopped
2 tomatoes, chopped
2 yellow or orange peppers chopped
1 chopped sweet potato or white potato
Kale chopped (to use as garnish)
1 pound firm tofu, drained, pressed with a cloth, and mashed or can use eggs 3-4
1 teaspoon turmeric
1 can black beans, warmed in non-stick skillet
1 avocado sliced
Corn Tortillas or Rice or Whole Wheat Wrap
1. Sauté onion in non-stick skillet on medium heat with a little water or low sodium vegetable broth for 3 minutes or until translucent.
2. Add vegetables of your choosing and cook for 7 minutes or until most of their juices have been cooked away.
3. Add tofu, turmeric, or eggs. Cook for a few minutes, or until mixture is warmed through.
4. Add mixture to corn tortillas for tacos or use the wrap for burritos or add the mixture to rice. Garnish with sliced avocado and kale at hot sauce if you feel so inclined
5. Add avocado only if this meal occurs after your ride.
Tip- Save and store leftovers separately in glass containers for the week ahead.