Nutrition to fuel you during your workout or event.
Secret Brownie Recipe
1/2 cup coconut oil
1/2 cup organic cane sugar or coconut sugar 1/4 cup maple syrup (or agave nectar)
1 tsp vanilla extract
3/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp sea salt
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
3/4 cup Gluten-free flour
1/4 cup almond meal*
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (176 C) and lightly grease an 8x8-inch (or similar size) baking dish with coconut oil, then line with parchment paper (the oil helps the parchment paper stick).
2. To a large mixing bowl add melted coconut oil, organic cane sugar, maple syrup and vanilla extract. Whisk thoroughly to combine and start dissolving the coconut sugar.
3. Add eggs and whisk once more until combined. Then add baking powder, sea salt, and cocoa powder and whisk.
4. Add gluten free flour blend and almond meal and fold with a spatula until just mixed. Then add desired add-ins (optional), such as vegan chocolate chips or nuts.
5. Add the batter to the prepared baking dish and spread into an even layer with a rubber spatula. Add a few additional toppings if desired, such as chocolate chips and nuts (optional).
6. Bake for 17-22 minutes, or until the edges appear dry and slightly fluffy and the center is no longer wet or sticky.
7. Remove from oven and let cool in the pan for at least 10 minutes, preferably 45 minutes - 1 hour (the longer they cool, the less tender they will be). Then gently lift out of pan and use a sharp knife to cut into desired number of squares (I went for 9).
8. Store completely cooled leftovers in an airtight container at room temperature up to a few days. Will keep in the freezer up to 1 month.
* If you are tight on time - Lilabee’s and Bob’s Red Mill are better for you brands. Still sub the butter for coconut oil and use non dairy milk.
2 Cups Calrose Rice (Sushi type sticky rice available in the grocery store)
3 cups water Nut Butter
2 tablespoons of honey
Optional Add-ins: Chocolate Chips, bananas
*Combine rice and water in the rice cooker
1. After the rice is done cooking pour 2 tablespoons of honey into the pot and mix throughly
2. Spray a spatula with coconut oil and use it to down half the rice in a 8 inch or 9 inch square pan
3. Spread the Nut Butter and filling in the middle and put another layer of rice on top 4. Place the pan in the fridge and let it cool for 3 hours
5. Cut into squares and wrap in aluminum foil
2 cups cooked white or brown rice
1 ripe banana
2 TBS Molasses
2 TBS GF Flour or Potato Flour
1⁄2-1 cup dairy or nondairy milk
1. Add ins for the middle of the sandwich: Nut Butter, Nutella, Jam, Honey. 2. Mix all the ingredients in a blender. The batter will be thick.
3. Make waffles in a waffle iron.
4. Make sure the waffle is totally cool before adding in your middle bits.
5. Cut into squares and fold in aluminum foil for your ride.