Nutrition to help you recover and prepare for the days ahead.
Simple Veggie Stir Fry
1⁄2 cup bell peppers sliced
1⁄2 cup carrots
1 cup of broccoli
1⁄2 cup spinach
1 cup fiber rich grain
2 tbsp sesame oil
2 tbsp braggs amino’s
8 oz of sauteed or grilled organic chicken breast
1. Cook 1 cup of quinoa or brown rice in rice cooker (make double to save for later). 2. Heat pan or wok with 2 tablespoons of oil on medium heat.
3. Add carrots and broccoli. Cook for 2 minutes.
4. Add 2 tbs of water, onions and peppers cook for another 2 minutes.
5. Add spinach and shrimp, sesame oil and amino’s. 6. Turn on low heat then juice one orange over top. 7. Combine with white rice and serve.
Tip: Make extra rice use it to make rice cakes or for quick meals later on.
Nicoise Kale Salad with Pasta
2 Cups of Chopped Kale or Spinach
2-3 Hard Boiled Eggs
10-15 Green Beans ) lightly steamed or raw
1 can of tuna (flaked into the salad)
Green or Black Olives Pitted
1 chopped Tomato
1 cup of cooked whole grain Pasta
1. Combine all ingredients in a bowl but add eggs last and toss gently with squeezed lemon and olive oil drizzle.
2. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Salmon Nori Roll Burritos
1⁄4 cup Miso Mayo
1 to 2 tablespoons Sriracha sauce *optional for added spice (6-ounce) can wild salmon, drained (or cooked salmon filet flaked) 1 (10-sheet) package 7 x 8-inch dried nori wraps
1 cup cooked white rice
1 cup mixed greens
1 tablespoon olive oil
11⁄2 teaspoons rice vinegar
1 avocado, pitted, peeled, and thinly sliced
1⁄2 cup sliced peeled cucumber
1⁄2 cup shredded carrot
1 tablespoon sesame seeds
1⁄4 cup braggs aminos preferred* or low sodium soy sauce
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a medium bowl, combine the mayo and Sriracha. Add the salmon and mix gently with a fork.
3. Place 2 nori sheets on the prepared baking sheet and top each with 1⁄2 cup of the quinoa and half the salmon salad. Warm the wraps in the oven for 3 to 5 minutes, until the nori is malleable (if the quinoa is warm, you won’t need to use the oven).
4. In a medium bowl, dress the greens with the oil and vinegar. Toss to coat.
5. Layer the nori wraps with the avocado, cucumber, carrot, and mixed greens. Roll each into a burrito (ends tucked in) and cut in half. Garnish with the sesame seeds and serve with coconut aminos for dipping.
Tip - Double the recipe and save the leftovers for lunch!
Kebabs with Rice
1 cup of arborio rice or basmati rice
12 oz. chicken, cooked and cut into cubes 2 small zucchinis, diced into thick pieces
2 bell peppers sliced
6 basil leaves
Pesto Sauce- 1 bunch basil 3 garlic gloves 1⁄2 cup olive oil Pinch of salt
1. On a wooden skewer, add grilled chicken, a piece of zucchini, a piece of bell pepper (grilled or raw) and a basil leaf until the skewer is full.
2. In a small food processor combine all the ingredients for the pesto sauce until smooth
Drizzle the pesto over the rice and kebabs
Fancy Grilled Cheese
BIG slices of GF Bread or Sourdough or Ezekiel Sprouted Grain Bread 1 tablespoon of Kitehill cream cheese
2 slices of Swiss, Gouda, or Mozzarella cheese
2 ounces canned roasted red peppers or green chilies
Add ins: Spinach, Sun-Dried Tomatoes, Artichokes, Mushrooms
Add all items to the bread.
Add a bit of Olive Oil to the pain and grill until cheese is melted.